A Few of Our Favorite Things – Marketing Resources That DeliverWednesday, December 14, 2011
Over the years we’ve found a handful of marketing resources that we turn to again and again. In the spirit of the giving season we thought it was time to share them with you!
1. Marketo – An excellent marketing automation solution, Marketo also delivers value with their blog which covers revenue performance, B2B marketing and sales strategy and tactics, and the latest news about the marketing automation and revenue performance industry.
2. Search Engine Land – A great online resource for the latest news, research/analysis, and advice on search. Between their blog, news stories and special featured articles they’ve got this topic well covered.
3. Grammar Girl – Always witty and very precise, Grammar Girl’s Quick and Dirty Tips for Better Writing is a great resource for any kind of punctuation, grammar and word usage questions. Confused about what a brouhaha is, or when to use sometime, some time or sometimes? Grammar Girl is, er, your girl!
4. HubSpot – If you haven’t heard of or checked out HubSpot make it a priority to do so. While the company offers great value with their inbound marketing software, even better are their super smart people that continually publish great best practices, analytics and tools on website optimization, blogging, SEO, lead nurturing and more.
5. MarketingProfs – With a tagline that says, “Smart thinking…pass it on,” MarketingProfs is doing just that. Offering “one-stop” shopping on marketing strategy and best practices, MarketingProfs enables you to get your marketing fix through their blog, live events, online forum, webcasts and more.
6. MarketingSherpa – Similarly, MarketingSherpa has a wealth of blog posts, case studies, analytics, research studies and more, all on marketing best practices.
8. Mashable – A wealth of information on social media, technology and the world in general, Mashable is a great way to stay caught up on what’s happening around you.
9. Social Media Examiner – With 450,000 people reading Social Media Examiner, it’s clear they’ve figured out what people need/want to hear about the world of social media and how to leverage it effectively for brand awareness and sales. On this site you’ll find articles and videos on social media tools, industry research reviews and advice from social media experts.
10. CMO Network – An active discussion group on Linkedin, CMO Network covers a wide variety of topics of interest to marketing executives. This is a great place to see what’s top of mind for marketing people and even contribute your opinion/expertise.
Last, but definitely not least, don’t forget about Launch Marketing. Need help with your marketing strategy, branding, website, lead generation and online optimization? Just let us know. Happy Holidays everyone!