Highlights from Marketo Summit 2012 Day 1Thursday, May 24, 2012
Day 1 of the Marketo Summit started off with a lively ballroom full of 1400 excited attendees looking forward to a jam-packed agenda of exciting keynotes and breakout sessions.
Below are a few of our favorite highlights from Day 1:
- Marketo CEO and founder Phil Fernandez kicks off the morning with marketing and sales strategies for thriving in “A Brave New World”. He also announces the launch of two new Marketo products: “Marketo Social Boost” and “Marketo Social Promotions”.
- Sue Bostrom, former CMO of Cisco, delivers a motivating keynote with tips to succeed in a “Brave New World” and asks the thought-provoking question “Where do you want to see your company in the next 3-5 years if it was featured in a popular magazine/blog?”.
- Marketo announces that you can now rename anything in Marketo, not just folders – huge applause throughout the room!
- Jay Baer’s lunch keynote “Destroying the 7 Myths of B2B Social Media”. Lots of great myth-busters and loved his quote “If you think your customers aren’t using social media that is because you are not using social media.” So true!
- Chocolate covered strawberries in the afternoon break – enough said.
- The afternoon “Advanced Nurturing Deep Dive” breakout session was a full-house and received a flurry of twitter action on the #mus12 hashtag.
- Visual note taking by Image Think was going on throughout the presentations – very cool way to capture the sessions!
- It hasn’t happened yet, but we’re sure tonight’s upcoming gala at The Winery on Treasure Island will be another highlight to add to this list.
We can’t wait to see what tomorrow brings!