As B2B organizations respond to yet another unpredictable year in 2021, it is important to understand key B2B lead generation trends that are shaping marketing strategies in 2022. Applying the right lead generation tactics throughout the year can make all the difference in ensuring an organization is able to meet its business goals. In this edition of our blog series highlighting 2022 B2B marketing trends to look out for, we cover emerging practices that may be a key to increasing the quantity and quality of your leads.
Trend #1: Building Brand Awareness Via B2B Influencer Marketing
Influencer marketing in the business-to-consumer (B2C) space has made big strides in recent years. Prospects are now accustomed to seeing individuals on social media promote different products or services on their accounts in “sponsored” or “#ad” posts. People tend to trust influencers (e.g., celebrities, leaders, icons) because they believe in their authenticity and level of knowledge regarding product recommendations, many times more so than if the messages come directly from the brand.
In the B2B space, influencer marketing is on the rise. While a B2B influencer is slightly different from the B2C influencers described above, adopting elements of a B2C approach can be useful in finding creative ways to target individuals with industry expertise and influence. This in turn can help build your brand and sales. Here are some things to focus on when considering B2B influencer marketing:
- Assess why you want to apply B2B influencer marketing and how it will support non-influencer efforts
- Evaluate current forms of advocacy among customers, partners and employees
- Compile a list of influential B2B influencers your audience pays attention to
As 2022 continues the trend of digitally-driven content, B2B influencer marketing might be of consideration to add to your long-term marketing approach.
Trend #2: Enhance Customer Experience Through Analysis
Customer experience (CX) has always been an instrumental component of B2B marketing, but buyers’ CX expectations are higher than ever with demand for more personalized, consumer-like experiences. B2B organizations need to prioritize CX in 2022 when planning and executing marketing campaigns to generate leads. Consider these tips when navigating B2B customer experience for 2022:
- Keep in mind privacy and cookie policies. While personalized experiences make a big difference in consumer satisfaction, ensure that each visitor on your website is allowed to grant or deny the consent of cookie tracking. Adhering to these rules and regulations gives visitors control over their data privacy and confidence in your brand’s credibility.
- Carry 2021 tactics that worked over into the new year. Continue tactics that helped prospects transition to identifying and evaluating products or services online rather than in a physical space. This includes efforts that aim to enhance website user experiences by removing bottlenecks and points of friction.
Looking to elevate your organization’s customer experience through content marketing? Download our B2B Content Marketing Guide for all the best practices and actionable tips.
Trend #3: Applying Value-Based Selling Concepts
Value-based selling highlights how a product or service brings value to a potential customer. Similar to influencer marketing, people trust others who have used the product or service in some way more than they trust brand-originated marketing. Listening to others’ experiences and reviews can help other prospects and leads understand the true value of the product or service. Here are some ways to apply value-based selling techniques in marketing efforts to make a difference:
- Personalize sales presentations to show the benefits of your product or service in relation to your prospect’s organization. This will give them direct insight into how your business can ensure their success.
- Deliver relevant case studies that demonstrate other organizations achieving similar goals and results from using your product or service. These stories can add credibility that moves the needle from consideration to selection.
Trend #4: Piloting Chatbots
Chatbots are now widely used by businesses globally. As more interactions take place online, many people are looking for quick answers to questions, guidance on where to find a product or service or how to connect with a company. When these answers are not apparent, chatbots can provide them, often in an automated manner with onscreen choices that direct visitors to where they want to go or to the information they need. Chatbots can act as customer service reps, sales intros or technical support. Here are some things to consider about chatbots for 2022:
- Simplify paths from the entry point to endpoints. Give visitors script prompts or connect them to who they need to reach in as few steps as possible.
- Provide access to human reps whenever possible. This ensures a lead is created and given the most opportunity to become a customer.
- Follow up on chatbot conversations via email. Maintaining a record of conversations or following up on any outstanding activities can keep the buying process moving forward.
Change for the Better
Doing what you have always done is not enough when conditions and customer expectations change. The new year always brings many opportunities, including the application of emerging trends to test their ability to elevate your lead generation efforts. Looking to elevate your B2B lead generation efforts? We can help! As a full-service Austin B2B marketing agency, we help your team generate leads, drive revenue and achieve business success. Ready to get started? Contact us today or request a free marketing consultation with one of our B2B marketing experts.
There are no comments