You’re busy and your work load isn’t showing signs of slowing down any time soon. Don’t let your busy schedule get in the way of effective marketing. Often times, it’s not about “having” time. It’s about making time. Here are six simple things often overlooked by businesses that can have a big impact on the effectiveness of their marketing when done consistently.
1. Promoting your blog. Content is not a new idea and we all know that content is king. What you may not know is that without promotion, you are leaving valuable opportunities on the table. If you are taking the time and making the effort to write blog posts, make sure that people know about it. Promote your content in your newsletter, your email signature, your website and especially on social media.
2. Reposting content. This is especially true regarding social media. Social streams move very quickly and users are in and out of their social feeds throughout the day. Another point to consider is that content isn’t only relevant to conversations once. Just because you post your content one week doesn’t mean that it will be any less relevant 3-4 weeks later.
3. Repurposing content. When is a whitepaper not a whitepaper? The answer is: all the time. Each piece of content that you produce, especially the more lengthy ones like whitepapers and eBooks, can be carved into a series of content like blog posts. On the flip side, a series of blog posts could be reworked into an eBook. Even videos can be repurposed. Consider this “low-hanging fruit.” Since a majority of the research and planning is done with the initial content piece, it’s worth taking a little extra time to repurpose it into new formats that can be used to increase viewer engagement.
4. Revisiting contacts. During our busy schedules, it’s easy to focus on what’s right in front of us. Make a plan each month to look at your database and think about contacts you have not spoken to in a while. Make the effort to reach out to them. This not only shines the spotlight on your business, it highlights your sincere interest as well.
5. Saying thank you. Seems simple enough, right? Take the time to thank people. This may be over the phone or in person but when someone does says something or does something nice, thank them. When someone refers you to a prospective customer, thank them! You get the point. If it’s sincere, you can’t say thank you enough.
6. Minding the little things. Pay attention to spelling, punctuation and word use. It’s the culmination of little things that will chip away at the perception of your brand and business. Every error and every mistake takes away the attention that should be focused on your product or service. If you need to brush up on your grammar and punctuation, we have a 2-part article that will help you with some of the most common mistakes in your written communications. It’s not rocket science. These seem like minor things and yet they often go ignored. Make time to target these six items on a regular basis and you will start to see improvements in the quality and results of your marketing.
Looking for a team of seasoned experts who can address your marketing needs and garner big returns? Contact Launch Marketing today! Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook to keep up with the latest B2B marketing tips and trends.