You’re staring at the computer and the only thing you can think about is coming up with a topic to blog about this time. Coming up with engaging, fresh, and high quality content on a regular basis is not an easy task. We get questions about blog content from clients on a very regular basis.
Regular and timely content not only contributes to your SEO strategy, it’s an opportunity to show your social followers that you are actively engaged in your industry and up to speed on current trends. Blogs are also a great opportunity to provide new and valuable information to your existing and potential clients.
Do you struggle to come up with new angles and ideas? Ideally, you’ve brainstormed several topics with your team and you’re planning your content using an editorial calendar. A calendar with deadlines will help hold you accountable to produce a steady flow of new posts, as well as back-up content for times when you are pulled away for more pressing projects. By dedicating one to two hours every week for writing, you can set yourself up for success and get ahead of the game.
Here are 10 topic ideas that can help you draw new visitors and build upon existing customer relationships. Keep in mind that many of these ideas also lend themselves to content outside of a blog like social media posts, articles or videos.
- Share client testimonials. When you receive praise from a client, ask them if you can turn it in to a post. In the post, demonstrate how you helped your client and the positive outcomes. Use the post to solicit additional customer success stories.
- Interview an expert. Is there someone within your industry who you admire? Reach out to them for with a short list of questions about industry trends or a particular problem. Publish the responses as part of a blog post.
- Debunk a common misconception or myth. Every industry has its fair share of myths and misconceptions. Use your blog to set the record straight by addressing them and educating your audience at the same time.
- Answer FAQs. What are the most common questions your customers ask? Compile the answers to these questions in a blog or answer them individually in separate blogs. You can direct customers to the answer in your blog when they ask.
- Discuss current industry trends. The timeliness of your blog posts can make a huge difference. Consider a trending topic and add a unique perspective to it. When you discuss how things are evolving in your industry and talk about trends, you convey authority to your readers.
- Create a top 10 list. Summon your best David Letterman and go for it. Don’t feel like you have to use 10 items. You can do more or fewer when it makes sense. Building a blog from a list also simplifies outlining the points that you would like to get across to the reader.
- Share tips and tricks. Are you a product or subject matter expert? Share some useful and practical information with readers in the form of tips or tricks. You could even turn it in to a recurring blog segment such as “Quick Tips with Launch Marketing.”
- Post about an event. You can write a blog while you are attending a professional trade show or conference. You could also post an event recap. Discuss the workshops you attended, quote speakers you heard and discuss the latest trends or ideas from the conference. This is an excellent opportunity to share your experiences.
- Review a book or report. You are constantly researching and learning so why not share a review on something interesting that you read? Highlight interesting information or share your criticism. After all, it is a review.
- Highlight a milestone. Make it personal by talking about your company’s history. Discuss an important time in your company and how it shaped your business. Getting personal with your readers can build trust over time.
This is only a short-list of ideas for posts to your blog. Take a look around you. Consider your business, Industry trends, conversation with clients and even what you hear in the news. The
point is that you don’t have to reinvent the wheel. Ideas are out there that can inspire you so keep your eyes and ears open and mix it up with different types of posts to keep it fresh.
Have additional questions about blogging or content marketing? Contact Launch Marketing today! Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook to keep up with the latest B2B marketing tips and trends.