A newly developed product is the start of something fresh, but it comes with much planning, time and resource investment at all levels of the organization. Below, we cover three components that encompass everything organizations need to successfully launch a new B2B product, achieve business goals, generate revenue and more.
Know Who Your Buyers Are and What They Are Looking For
A new product stems from one thing: A buyer’s need to solve an existing problem. To know how to reach the buyer and market the product, it is critical to have a complete understanding of the. This includes who your buyer is, what problem your product solves for them, and how to communicate with your prospect in a way that resonates.
- Who is your buyer? You might know who your ideal buyer is, but it is vital to know their defining characteristics. Think about what forms a typical buyer persona: Demographics, firmographics, psychographics and behavior. Each is important to building a complete, descriptive persona and defines all the details as to who the ideal buyer is and how to reach them.
- What problem are they trying to solve? If someone is looking for a new product, it is likely the problem they are trying to solve is significant and has a negative impact on their business. Ensure that your new product is the right product for the key issues that matter most.
- What is the best way to market to them? Once it is clear who the buyer is and that the new product addresses their challenges, it is next important to know the best way to reach them. Various marketing activities, which we will touch on later, should speak to buyer needs and characteristics.
For a comprehensive guide to everything B2B product launch-related, download our B2B Product Launch Toolkit!
Craft Impactful Messaging and Unique Value Proposition to Stand Out
While your organization might have several competitors with similar products, your product marketing strategy needs to demonstrate how it will outperform your competitor’s offerings.
You can achieve this by crafting a unique value proposition, a statement that describes what your product offers, the benefits, why it solves the needs of your audience, and what makes it different from the competition and gives the product a competitive edge.
Once your unique value proposition is complete, begin drafting the messaging for marketing efforts that support your unique value proposition to solidify your selling points. This messaging is important to define as it will be woven into various content marketing efforts that will reach key audiences. Messaging should be relevant and impactful, speaking to buyer pain points, needs and persona characteristics.
Create Content to Increase Awareness and Generate Leads
Once messaging is defined, it is important to create content that generates awareness of the new product. Here are a few B2B product launch content marketing strategies to follow:
- Use Various Content Types: To help increase awareness of the new product, it is important to use various content types, especially as digital content becomes the go-to for marketers. It is critical to decide which content types make the most sense to use for marketing efforts. If most of the channels are digital, focus on creating digital content such as infographics, videos, emails and more. If there is also a print component to the product launch, content such as brochures and direct mail are viable options.
- Distribute Content in Multiple Channels: Various channels such as email, social media, advertising and more require different content types. This helps broaden the reach and increase awareness.
- Create Content to Support Sales: Sales and marketing must work together to achieve B2B product launch goals. The marketing team should create content that supports sales efforts. For example, creating a product demo video helps simplify the demo process.
- Balance Content Topics: Among the content created, try to balance the topics out. Being focused on the product and its features is important, but it is also essential to highlight other parts of the product such as the benefits for certain buyers and how it can impact the overall business.
Make Your B2B Product Launch a Success
With so much planning involved in launching a B2B product, It is important to have a laser focus on:
- Identifying who the ideal buyers are for the product
- Crafting impactful, relevant messaging
- Creating content to increase awareness and generate leads and sales
A successful B2B product launch requires many moving parts and with these marketing best practices, your organization will be on the right path to get there.
Are you gearing up for a B2B product launch and looking for product launch experts? Contact us today or request a free marketing consultation. We have decades of experience helping clients successfully launch products and companies.
There are no comments