Revolutionizing the healthcare landscape, the healthtech industry is witnessing exponential growth and constant innovation. However, in a market flooded with an array of products, services and solutions, the challenge lies in distinguishing oneself from the competition. The key to standing out lies in healthtech companies developing a robust B2B strategy accompanied by compelling messaging. In this blog post, we delve into the knowledge needed to excel in this dynamic industry.
Get To Know Your Audience
The healthtech industry brings unique challenges and opportunities at every turn. When thinking about B2B strategy and messaging for healthtech companies, it’s essential to start with understanding your target audience. This includes the firmographic, demographic, psychographic and behavior data points. These elements help in crafting an effective B2B marketing strategy and developing messaging.
Be Informed on Industry Happenings
Another thing to be informed of is the healthtech industry in general. The healthtech market brings new competitors, new trends and customers changing their buying habits daily. For example, AI, automation of worfklows and remote patient monitoring are becoming key focuses in the industry. Being up to date ensures your team knows what is going on and how to address it. Addressing industry happenings could mean modifying a product to meet new buyer demands or sharing an article about innovative industry developments. Whatever it is, showing industry knowledge establishes your company as a thought leader, standing out even more from competitors as a reliable, trustworthy brand.
Craft Engaging, Impactful Messaging
With a clear understanding of your audience and the industry, the next thing you need to know is how to create B2B healthtech messaging. Your messaging should communicate two things; why your solution is the best choice and the unique value proposition. This explains the benefits customers will experience when using your product and how it differs from other competitors. Here are a few quick pointers on engaging and impactful B2B healthtech messaging:
- Keep it simple, yet informative
- Avoid technical terms as this might confuse prospects. Speak the customer’s language!
- Focus on your product, service or solution
- Address common pain points
- Think about the result – solving challenges organizations face in the healthtech space
Think About Messaging for Different Target Audiences
When thinking about crafting messaging, it might not look the same to every audience. When we say, “every audience,” it is likely your target audience is more than one buyer persona. Each persona has unique pain points and characteristics. An example of a healthtech buyer persona would be:
- Demographics: 35-45 years old, Bachelor’s degree, role is Head of Product Development
- Firmographics: Company has 50-100 employees, headquarters is in North Carolina
- Goals: Extending awareness of their product into new markets, reaching key target accounts and boosting year-over-year profits
- Challenges: Small marketing team that typically has capped bandwidth, not a lot of expertise in launching into new markets
Messaging should be different depending on the personas. Tailoring messaging to different segments ensures prospects can connect easier and understand what your product does to solve their specific challenges and priorities. Everyone is different, so messaging should be flexible to match these changes. For example, for executive-level personas, benefits like return on investment (ROI) and overall business impacts are more important while improving patient data processing is more important to a data analyst.
Create Effective Content
An effective B2B marketing strategy for healthtech must include content. There are many types of content to create, but these are the most valuable content types and have the most potential for generating increased awareness and leads:
- Brand Awareness Content: This includes blogs, articles and infographics.
- Thought Leadership Content: This includes eBooks, white papers and videos or webinars.
- Product/Service/Solution-Focused Content: This includes case studies, product datasheets and product training.
Utilize Social Media and Consider Influencer Collaborations
Whether you are an established healthtech company or a startup, using social media is a key marketing effort to include in your B2B strategy. Here’s what you need to know for successful healthtech social media efforts:
- Use platforms that will reach your target audience. LinkedIn is popular for B2B organizations, but Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and others are worth considering if your audience is active on those platforms.
- Share content you created. Promoting content such as blogs, a product sheet or new product features are ideal ways to show off your brand and offerings. Highlighting team culture is also important to do on social media.
- Share relevant and useful content. A balance of internal-related content and external content is essential. Share third-party articles with relevant topics, content from partners and more.
- Consider an influencer approach. Influencers are a rising tactic in B2B marketing and have potential benefits when utilized. Collaborating with industry influencers can pay off big time in promotional efforts.
Don’t Forget the Website Details
With all these components of B2B strategy and messaging for healthtech companies, it can be easy to forget some of the small digital marketing details. Don’t forget these details in your strategy and messaging:
- Website: Without a well-built website, the content will not be effective, your messaging will not engage a captive audience and your social media efforts will not drive conversions without a well-built website. See the pattern here? A website is at the heart of these activities. Ensure your website is well-built and optimized appropriately.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): With a website, content and more, comes SEO. Focusing on specific keywords in content, optimizing landing pages and incorporating other metadata elements are key components of SEO.
The healthtech industry is becoming more competitive by the day. A well-defined B2B marketing strategy fueled by compelling messaging will help your organization stand out from competitors and showcase your product.
Does your healthtech organization need guidance or assistance with your marketing? Contact us today or request a free marketing consultation. We have over 20 years of experience helping B2B healthtech companies with their marketing.