Preparing your business up to the point of launching requires plenty of long hours, careful planning and hard work to make your launch day seem effortless. A successful company launch can make it all worth it and can help put your company on the right foot to start generating leads, building brand awareness and much more. How can you start generating leads, building brand awareness and more? That all starts with marketing. Marketing the launch of your company should start months in advance, and utilize multiple channels and approaches to maximize reach. Here are the five best ways to market your B2B business using digital marketing.
Use Strategic and Creative Social Media Tactics
Social media is an essential B2B digital marketing tactic and one of the easiest ways to market your business. A consistent social media presence builds credibility, generates interest and communicates information to your audience using a medium that is part of 4.2 billion people’s everyday lives worldwide. But, social media is a big marketing tactic to tackle. Here are a few key components to consider when marketing your business.
- Identify the platforms to use. It is important to choose the social media platforms that are the most effective. What platform is your target audience most active on? B2B audiences primarily use LinkedIn, but your audience might use Instagram or Twitter more frequently. Whatever the case is, be sure to have profiles and be active on the platforms most used so you can highlight your business.
- Prepare a social media calendar. Keeping organized is important and a social media calendar helps you do just that. This calendar should be the go-to document for tracking all things social posts. It should include, the post content, post date, platform, link and any image file name.
- Get creative. Showcasing your new business does not have to be boring! Create a hashtag to keep all things company launch related in one location so your followers can follow along. Promote a special offering or free consultations for your loyal followers to boost awareness and lead generation. Lastly, engage with your audience. Comment on posts, share, like and everything in between to keep them interested in your business.
Distribute a Press Release
Press releases are an effective way to disseminate information about B2B company launches and one of the best ways to market your business. It should be thoughtfully crafted and reflect key best practices. Press releases that are data-driven and tell an interesting story about the company are more successful than ones that are superficial or overly formal. But most importantly, the press release should be factual. Here are a few additional things to consider when putting together a press release.
- Write an eye-catching title. You launch your business, it should be a big deal, and your title should highlight just that. Plus, you want your readers to read the entire thing, so engage them from the start or they won’t learn more about your company.
- Do not overcomplicate things. Keep your content simple and incorporate your messaging when you can. A press release should only focus on one big topic, so do not oversaturate your release with unrelated content.
- Use a distribution platform that makes sense. There are countless distribution platforms for press releases, but it is important to choose the correct one based on the goals for your press release. Some platforms are more suited for building SEO while others reach a very broad, specific audience.
Craft Useful Content Assets
Content marketing is a powerful tactic in B2B marketing and one of the best ways to promote your business. There is a wide range of content assets to create that can highlight several components of your business. And, depending on the asset type, can be used as an avenue to collect lead information and build your database. Ungated content can be accessed without having to submit a form. Think blogs, articles, infographics and videos. Gated content includes assets that require a visitor to fill out a form to access them. These are assets such as eBooks, white papers, guides and webinars. There are pros and cons to both content types, but both are very important to the buyer’s journey. These content assets can help you market your business, offerings and other important details.
Create Key Landing Pages on Your Website
As you generate interest and reach on social media and through press releases, you will want to collect contact information from people who come to your website and want to learn more about your business. This element of marketing your business helps you build your database. Consider offering prospects the opportunity to join a priority email list by using a landing page that serves as a basic information page. Build a contact us landing page where visitors can request more information. Put together landing pages for your gated content assets. Here are some additional landing page tips.
- Keep form fields to a minimum. While you want to collect as much lead information as you can, you do not want to deter visitors from completing a form. Find a happy balance between sufficient information with only essential fields.
- Keep the key information above the first scroll. Most website visitors do not read an entire landing page. This is why you need to keep important information above the first scroll to engage visitors to continue to learn more.
Launching a new business is no easy task, but that is just the start! Taking advantage of these digital marketing tactics to market your new business will help you start gaining traction in your industry and build your customer base.
Need help with your company launch or marketing for your new business? Launch Marketing has the expertise, experience and strategy you’re looking for. Contact us to learn more or request a free marketing consultation.