The number of content planning and marketing tools available to B2B marketers today is larger than ever. Not surprisingly, many of these tools are quite different from one another and serve vastly different purposes. Some technologies help you create content, some help you distribute content, and still others help you measure the effectiveness of content.
Creating high-quality content to help you accomplish your marketing objectives begins with planning and research. Deciding on the focus of your content and determining what to say on the subject is one of many content challenges for marketers that can now be more easily addressed with technology.
Continue reading to learn about five content planning tools that can help you and your team with content planning, organization, collaboration, scheduling and calendaring.
Answer the Public is a visualized SEO search insight tool and a free tool from convergebook.com. The tool automates the gathering of questions to create something that can be easily shared. It gathers and displays SEO in a one page “visualization” format. You also have the option to have the information displayed in “data” format. The auto suggest results are provided by Google and can be useful for any role on a marketing team (creative, PR, content, SEO). Answer the Public helps marketing team members determine why people are searching for the words they’re searching for and the data visualization features show how users search for a keyword or phrase.
- Free tool that delivers engaging designs with data visualization
- Visualizations are downloadable and sharable
- The broader the query, the more data you are likely to get in your results
- Useful for topic intelligence gathering
- Find relevant articles from the highest performing search queries
- Get ideas for different ways to ask the question your blog post is posing to better fit an underserved niche
DivvyHQ is a cloud-based project management tool with specific functionality for content teams. DivvyHQ incorporates other marketing materials such as ebooks, videos, print publications, press releases – it’s not restricted to only digital content. Calendars, workflow tools and social publishing functions let you divide content planning, creation, and publishing work in an organized process-oriented manner. Task management functions allow progress tracking, work logging and template creation.
- A master for managing teams as a content planning tool
- User-friendly dashboard makes updates simple and keeps team members on track
- Workflow management allows you to plan multimedia content or offline needs
- Unlimited calendar creation and calendar sharing
- Content creation and social publishing directly from the platform
- Parking lot for unused ideas
Hootsuite is a social engagement management system (SMMS) geared for SEM. You can manage all social media content in one place without the need to log in to each account separately. You can post updates, read responses, schedule messages, view statistics and much more. There’s an extensive set of tools to monitor and directly respond to customer feedback. Hootsuite provides in-depth analysis to help you identify the most effective campaigns.
- A top SMMS, streamlining all social media accounts
- Variety of analytics options
- Cross-capability with all modern browsers, including mobile
- Easy to assign action items to team members
- Ability to schedule posts in advance
- Hootsuite regularly updates its features to make the platform more user-friendly and robust
Hubspot Blog Topic Generator is a three-field macro that generates blog topic ideas based on keywords. You simply fill in the fields with three nouns and hit the “Give Me Blog Topics!” button. Although the tools don’t write an outline for you, it does give you a great starting point. If you don’t like the first batch of results returned, simply click “Try Again” to view another five results.
- Free and easy to use
- Provides 5 different blog topics instantaneously
- Use the tool to kick start your inspiration
- The generator delivers clickable blog topics
- Use the tool to suggest specific content or use it to generate prompts
- An effective all-in-one solution if you don’t know what to write about
Opal is a subscription-based platform for content-planning success. The Opal platform is designed for marketing team collaboration, facilitating the production and planning of the brand marketing process. The platform keeps strategy, communication, creative development, and content delivery on track. The Opal platform connects all your information and content seamlessly with an intuitive experience without having to stifle through emails, spreadsheets or file systems. The platform is ideal for users in multiple locations.
- Cloud-based collaboration
- Real-time discussions
- In app calendar feature for visual planning
- Platform offers a chat interface within the document itself
- On the spot content change-tracking, feedback and discussion
- In app approval option that won’t release content until assigned users give the OK
Are you ready to start implementing these content planning tools in your marketing strategy? Let us know what you think and if there are must-have content marketing tools that you can’t live without.
Need help tackling your content development efforts? Check out the following on blog post and learn how to contend with content development.