Social media is a critical part of cybersecurity marketing as it has repeatedly proven beneficial in generating awareness, reaching wide audiences and more. Launch’s cybersecurity marketing consultants have worked with many companies on their social media strategies, helping them understand the benefits of including social media in their marketing mix and ensuring they establish goal-driven strategies and execute effectively.
Why Social Media is Important for Cybersecurity Companies
Social media for cybersecurity businesses can be a valuable tactic for overall marketing success, as it has been proven to:
- Generate Brand Awareness: The more relevant, engaging content is posted, the broader the reach and awareness of your brand, products and services.
- Establish an Audience and Following: As you build a social media presence on various platforms, one of the main goals should be to build a following.
- Generate Leads: The more brand awareness increases, the more interest people take in your offering. A strong social presence will help turn those who are interested into leads.
- Enable Organizations to Showcase Brand Personality: Social media is a great way to highlight your brand personality. While a website can show much of who you are, what your products or services are and what your mission is, social media can take things a step further and provide the platform to highlight your mission, employees, company initiatives and so much more.
Here are social media practices our marketing consultants follow to deliver results and success in the cybersecurity industry.
Establish Actionable Social Media Goals
Before thinking about implementing social media for cybersecurity organizations, our marketing consultants highly recommend first establishing actionable goals. The SMART goal-setting method is a useful tool in this situation.
- Specific: Establish the reason, or reasons, your organization should leverage social media.
- Is it to increase traffic to your website?
- Do you want to connect with customers in a new channel?
- Is it an attempt to share more content on diverse platforms?
- Measurable: Define ways to track your goals.
- Is it through website analytics or one of the social media platforms?
- Is it the number of new followers gained per month?
- Attainable: Outline realistic and attainable goals.
- Given the current resources and budget available, is it possible to meet your goal(s)?
- What are some things that might pose obstacles?
- Relevant: Align with overall company goals.
- Do the social media goals support or align with company goals?
- If not, what adjustments can be made to align more closely?
- Timely: Consider current resources and the timeframe to reach your goals.
- Is this timeframe possible?
- If not, how can you adjust to make it more easily achievable?
Choose Appropriate Social Media Platforms for Cybersecurity Marketing
With the variety of social media platforms out there, it can be difficult to choose which ones to use. Understanding your core target audience and what to post will also guide this decision. Here are a few things to consider across platforms and ideas for types of content to post:
- About: This platform is popular for all B2B organizations and for connecting with professionals directly.
- Content to Post: Thought leadership content, company news, team culture content.
- About: This platform is popular to reach a general audience and topic-specific groups.
- Content to Post: Team culture content, employee spotlights, awards won.
- About: This platform is popular for reaching a wide audience and uses various media elements to broaden its reach.
- Content to Post: Content with hashtags, thought leadership content and media elements such as images and short videos.
Use Social Media to Elevate Marketing for Your Cybersecurity Business
As many companies have shifted operations to technologies and software, undergoing digital transformation, they have also focused on cybersecurity to ensure their devices and the cloud are secure. With social media growing exponentially and new platforms being added and utilized, it has never been a more important time to take advantage of social media. These best practices established and compiled by our cybersecurity marketing consultants are sure to get your team a step ahead of the competition.
Are you looking for an agency with experienced cybersecurity marketing consultants? Request a free cybersecurity marketing consultation today. We’ve helped many clients develop an effective lead generation engine, execute digital marketing initiatives, launch ABM campaigns and more.
There are no comments