Although 82% of the world’s online population is using social media, over 60% of B2B companies aren’t using this medium to generate leads. Here are a few tips to take advantage of the large audience on these sites to drive quality traffic and convert that traffic to prospects.
- Tie social media lead generation into your content marketing strategy. Drive social media traffic to content on your website such as blog posts, white papers or webinars. Follow social media best practices. We have found success utilizing hashtags and @mentions on Twitter and tracking social media traffic using bit.ly links.
- Take full advantage of highly targeted landing pages. Make it easy for prospective leads to find your call-to-action and perform the required steps, whether it be completing an opt-in form or downloading a white paper.
- Build credibility and influence through your social media efforts. Monitor top industry keywords and jump into the conversation when appropriate.
- Don’t use social media solely for sales pitches. Provide content that is interesting and relevant to your audience and work to increase your credibility within your industry. Nurture leads until they have indicated that they are ready for purchase and are interested in your product.
- Utilizing CRM software, segment your social media leads the same way you do leads from other sources so you can better target them depending on their place in the sales cycle.
Social media can be a key source of quality sales leads when utilized properly. With a vast audience available at a relatively low cost, it is likely that more companies will soon be realizing its potential and optimizing their social media marketing for lead generation.