2021 was a year of adapting to challenges, changes, and the unexpected. Many evolved business and marketing strategies to meet the new digital-first focus, heightened customer expectations, and so much more. To help put marketing efforts of this past year in perspective, we’re looking back at some of our top marketing content of 2021, focusing on B2B marketing strategies and new trends. We hope these blogs, articles and eBooks will help you make 2022 your best year yet.
As B2B organizations navigate social media marketing strategy and everchanging social media trends and tactics, it’s important for B2B executives and leadership to also consider their individual social media strategy. There are many considerations when creating individual social media strategies and posts. Here are three elements detailed in the Guide to Social Media Marketing for B2B Executives:
- Reasons why B2B executives and leadership should be on social media.
- What B2B executives should post on social media, including thought leadership content, company news and personal pieces.
- Additional aspects to consider, such as what messaging points should be touched on in post content and more.
Virtual events took 2021 by storm and are expected to increase almost 24% in the next few years. Because businesses in 2021 were still moving, innovating and developing new products and services, there remained a need for ways to launch these new products and services. This piece highlights strategies for successfully launching a new product in a virtual environment including:
- Elements of the product launch preparation stage such as launch point decisions – event, video , PR, etc.
- Supportive marketing touch points on social media, email marketing and other channels.
- How to unlock new opportunities when launching a new product virtually.
Often, B2B organizations do not spend enough time upfront in the planning phase of B2B marketing content and campaigns. This blog post discusses three planning tools for B2B marketing success and key questions each tool helps organizations answer such as:
- B2B Marketing Content Calendar
- When will the content be published?
- Who is responsible for developing the content?
- B2B Social Media Calendar
- What channels will the post appear on?
- What will the post say and are there extra elements like an image or hashtag to include?
- B2B Marketing Email Planning Tool
- Who are the recipients of the email?
- What goals are associated with this email send?
How can you leverage digital marketing efforts to move prospects more quickly through the sales funnel? This article offers techniques for building a digital marketing strategy with content that supports the buyer’s journey, resulting in more sales opportunities. Highlights include:
- Understanding who your audiences (buyer personas) are and what goals, tactics and results are associated with them.
- Examples of content to include at each stage of the buyer’s journey and tips for what to include in each, such as
- Awareness: Blogs and Articles
- Decision: Case Studies
- Advocacy: Surveys
This essential guide to crafting B2B buyer personas has everything you and your team need to ensure buyer personas represent the core target audience you are trying to reach. When B2B buyer personas are accurate and up-to-date and applied, marketing efforts are more effective. Some of the topics covered in this eBook are:
- The importance of creating buyer personas and why they matter for marketing efforts.
- Categories, characteristics and data points to include in personas.
- Research techniques to obtain key information.
If you’re looking for assistance in creating your 2022 B2B marketing strategy or have any other questions, contact us today or request a free marketing consultation. As an Austin-based B2B tech marketing firm, we offer a variety of marketing services to help your organization generate leads and drive revenue.